Mission
St. John's exists to celebrate and share in God's Grace.


History
St. John's Lutheran Church is a member of the Southeat Michigan Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).

In April, 1870, fifteen members organized a Lutheran congregation and bought five acres just north of Capac for the first church.

A decision was made to relocate the church in the town and in 1918 the present structure was dedicated. The baptismal font and the bell are among the things brought from the old church.

In 1955, the fellowship education wing was dedicated and in 2002 the new entry, offices and restroom were added.

St. John's continues to grow in ministry thanks to the many faithful members who continue to support the church.